Saturday, November 11, 2017

Reenactments and the Realities of Historical Warfare

Do reenactments convey the realities of historical warfare? Well that's a question I tackled over at The Activist History Review this week. I was honored to have been asked by one of the editors to write up an article that discusses how reenactments do or don't show the realities of war, during a time that we honor our veterans--past and present. Since the article is on a topic I would normally address on this blog, I'm sharing the link here. As always, I hope you enjoy reading it and--more importantly--I hope it sparks conversation and contemplation.
While you're there, be sure to also check out some of the other articles!

"Who Are The Good Guys?": The Role of Reenactments in Conveying the Realities of Historical Warfare


Finally, and most importantly, to the veterans reading this article, I thank you for your service. While I can never truly understand or relate to the hardships you may have experienced, please know that your service--the sacrifices both seen and unseen and the lost comrades--will never be forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. This site certainly has all the information and facts I wanted about this subject and didn't know who to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment! If you ever have any questions or need advice for living history, please feel free to send me an email. I'm more than happy to help or, at the very least, point you in the right direction.

      Delete